Oak Wilt is one of the most destructive tree diseases in the US and killing oak trees in Central Texas at epidemic proportions. When looking wanting to prune your beautiful oak tree, remember to practice all the safe measure outlined in Ordinance 2019-713(O).
- Residents and Contractor must pull permits to trim, prune, or cut down any oak trees.
- All contractors are required to provide a vaild tree maintenance license.
- There is a 4ft lenght limit restriction when cutting sections of limbs.
- ALL cuts and wounds must be painted with a latex-based paint IMMEDIATELY after any cut or wound.
- ALL OAK TREE waste, limbs, trucks MUST be disposed of IMMDIATELY in a City approved manner. Not with regular trash pick up. Refer to Ordinance 2019-713(O) for addtional information.
Per Texas Oak Wilt Partnership, pruning, triming, cutting during summer months is not recommended unless it is a saftly issues. Tress can going into stress during the hot summer months. For addtional education on Oak Wilt and best tree maintenance practices refer to the Texas Oak Wilt website. You will find a lot of educational materials on this destructive tree disease.
Let's work together to protect and preserve the beautiful tree canopy in our great city. For any questions regarding permits, please email the permit clerk at [email protected]..