Why is it Important?
Identifying businesses and residences with video surveillance systems that may have captured police-related incidents in publicly viewable areas around their businesses and homes, will help us solve and deter crime.
What happens after I register?
- Police investigators may contact you to inquire if evidence has been recorded on your system.
- Police may request a copy of that recording.
You are not obligated to turn over any recording. Participation in the registration program is strictly voluntary and may be withdrawn at any time.
By completing the camera registration form you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You are the owner or an authorized representative of the owner to participate in the camera registration program.
- Participants shall not consider themselves employees, agents, representatives or under the direction of the City of Windcrest or the Windcrest Police Department
- Video or images captured may be used in criminal proceedings as evidence
- You are fully responsible for your own video surveillance system and assume all risk and liabilities associated with operating said system
- You agree to hold the City of Windcrest, Texas and the Windcrest Police Department harmless of your participation in the camera registration program.
How do I register?
Download a copy of information on Camera Registration