Greater Randolph Area Services Program
The City of Windcrest has contracted GRASP to help provided low cost transportation for Windcrest Residents. It is offered Monday - Friday from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM. it is a curb-to-curb service, fare is $5 per trip within a 5 mile radius from Windcrest. Buses are wheelchair accessible.
How to Register
When scheduling your first ride the GRASP dispatcher will ask for important information specific to you and your trip. After your first trip they will usually ask only for your trip information.
Scheduling Your Trip
Trip request can be made 30 days in advance, but no later than 12:00 PM the day before. Reservations are done on a first-come, first-served basis and limited to availability of a vehicle and seats for desired date and time
- Call 210-658-3578 to schedule your trip
- Give the date and time you wish to arrive at your destination
- Give complete address from which you will depart and where you need to go
- When you plan to return
- How many others will ride with you
- Whether you have a personal care attendant that assists you – care attendants or spouse can ride free
Service animals are allowed. Please inform the GRASP dispatcher if you will be bringing a service animal. Other pets and emotional support animals are NOT allowed on the trip
- Be ready 15 minutes prior to pick-up
- Driver will wait up to 10 minutes at the agreed pickup location.
- Driver CANNOT leave their vehicles for any reason
- Drivers CANNOT take items from or to your residence
- Additional fee may apply if customer request the vehicle to wait at a scheduled location during an appointment
- Rides MUST be cancelled 24 hours prior to pick-up
- Repeated Cancellations/No-Show can result in suspension of service and/or billing for the scheduled trip
The Greater Randolph Area Services Program, Inc. (GRASP), a 501(c)(3) human service organization established in 1983, helps economically disadvantaged individuals, families, and children. GRASP programs offer emergency assistance to those experiencing a household crisis and who live in areas of Bexar or Guadalupe Counties in communities where access to help is limited. Qualified households receive emergency assistance for rent, utilities, food, and medicine.
The GRASP Thrift Shop provides clothing and housewares to needy families who experience a catastrophe such as a fire, flood, or other loss. The agency provides emergency financial assistance, a food pantry, senior transportation, daily activities, and nutritious meals at the GRASP Community Center in Converse. GRASP built and has operated this facility since 1990.
The GRASP Community Center is a convenient facility for adult and youth programs, receptions, meetings, and other activities. Individuals, businesses, civic organizations, and government agencies provide support for GRASP. GRASP is funded by the United Way of Bexar County and San Antonio, Alamo Area Council of Governments, Guadalupe County United Way, Texas Department of Transportation, City of San Antonio, Bexar County, the State of Texas, and others
Other Senior Services
- Hot noon congregate meals served Monday through Friday
- Education and counseling to help prevent and support victims of elder abuse
- Support for victims and caregivers is available for those who may experience elder fraud and extortion, telephone fraud, self-neglect and neglect by others, domestic violence, physical, mental and verbal abuse, hoarding, and more.
- Accessible daily bus transportation services for seniors and disabled people
- Daily group activities for senior