- Municipal Court
- General Court Information
General Court Information
You may resolve your citation prior to your court date. A court appearance may only be done by the defendant or the defendant's attorney.
Requesting a Continuance
If you are unable to make your scheduled court appearance, you may request a continuance in person or through Email or mail before your original scheduled court date. For instructions about requesting a continuance call the Municipal Court
Failure to appear on or before your court date will result in additional charges and a warrant for your arrest. If you suspect that a warrant has been issued contact the Warrant Clerk.
The judgement and sentence for the offense you are charged is the payment of a fine and cost. If you cannot pay, notify the court immediately. If you are determined by the court to have insufficient resources or income to pay, the court is required to provide you other ways to discharge the fine and costs.
Court Room Attire & Conduct
- Proper courtroom attire is required
- Anyone who is dressed inappropriately will be asked to leave.
- Hats and sunglasses must be removed
- Electronic devices must be silenced or turned off
- Due to limited seating anyone who is not a defendant will be asked to wait outside of the facility, except for parents accompanying minors
- Food and drinks are not allowed
If you require an interpreter or special assistance due to a disability, please contact the Court Clerk to make arrangements before your court appearance.
- Check in starts a 1:30PM
- Court will begin at 2:00PM
The Windcrest Municipal Court is only in session the first 3 Tuesdays of every month. The Judge is not available every day of the week
Any communication either directly or indirectly with the Municipal Court Judge concerning the merits of a pending judicial proceedings may be considered an ex parte communication and is prohibited by the Code of Judicial Conduct.
The Windcrest Municipal Court is a court of record and all proceedings are recorded