Available position in our department
We currently have an opening for "Assistant Finance Officer" the requirements for this position include a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field and 5 years of general ledger accounting experience. Experience with Incode Software, ADP. MS, Word, and Excel required. View the Assistant Finance Officer Job Description 2022 for a complete list of job requirements
For all job postings (other than police and fire departments)
- At least 18 years of age
- Clear driver’s license or identification card
- High school graduate or GED
- Honorable discharge from military service, if applicable
- Must be a US Citizen
For all non-police and non-fire applicants:
- Applications are reviewed by the Human Resource Department to ensure applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the job posting.
- If applicable to job duties, a basic check on the Applicant’s driver license is conducted.
- If the minimum qualifications are met, Applicant may be called in for a preliminary interview.
- If applicable to job duties, Applicant may be scheduled for a polygraph exam.
- If applicable to job duties, Applicant may be scheduled for a physical exam.
- If applicable to job duties, Applicant may be asked “During the past 7 years, have you ever been convicted of, or have you pled guilty or no contest to, a felony offense? Answering “yes” to this question will not automatically bar Applicant from employment unless applicable law requires such action.
- An interview with the Applicant is conducted.
- The Applicant may receive a conditional offer of employment.
- If applicable to job duties, Applicant may be scheduled for fingerprinting.
- An Applicant selected for employment for safety or security-sensitive positions must receive satisfactory results from pre-employment drug testing and background checks. If required for the position, a physical, motor vehicle record evaluation, and additional background checks may be conducted with results satisfactory to the City of Windcrest.
Fill out and submit the Job Application (PDF).