Managed by the Municipal Finance Officer, the Human Resource Department seeks to align the efforts of the City’s most valuable asset, its employees, with the organizational goals. The department is committed to delivering quality service; supporting management with their recruitment, selection, and hiring needs. Human Resource core functions include but not limited to benefits administration, labor law compliance, performance management, employee development and relations, health and wellness, policy administration, and employee counseling.
For information and a list of the employment opportunities with the City of Windcrest, refer CoW Employment Opportunities webpage.
To sign up for job Alerts, you may sign up on through Notify Me.
Basic Employment Requirements
For all job postings (other than police and fire departments)
- At least 18 years of age
- Clear driver’s license or identification card
- High school graduate or GED
- Honorable discharge from military service, if applicable
- Must be a US Citizen
For all non-police and non-fire applicants:
- Applications are reviewed by the Human Resource Department to ensure applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the job posting.
- If applicable to job duties, a basic check on the Applicant’s driver license is conducted.
- If the minimum qualifications are met, Applicant may be called in for a preliminary interview.
- If applicable to job duties, Applicant may be scheduled for a polygraph exam.
- If applicable to job duties, Applicant may be scheduled for a physical exam.
- If applicable to job duties, Applicant may be asked “During the past 7 years, have you ever been convicted of, or have you pled guilty or no contest to, a felony offense? Answering “yes” to this question will not automatically bar Applicant from employment unless applicable law requires such action.
- An interview with the Applicant is conducted.
- The Applicant may receive a conditional offer of employment.
- If applicable to job duties, Applicant may be scheduled for fingerprinting.
- An Applicant selected for employment for safety or security-sensitive positions must receive satisfactory results from pre-employment drug testing and background checks. If required for the position, a physical, motor vehicle record evaluation, and additional background checks may be conducted with results satisfactory to the City of Windcrest.
Fill out and submit the Job Application (PDF).
On August 3, 2020, the City of Windcrest City Council adopted Ordinance 2020-017(O), an ordinance to consolidate and revise the Code of Ethics and conduct. The adopted ordinance provide the Ethics Commission additional authority to investigate, enforce violations, and institute certain penalties.
For a comprehensive review of City's ethic code, refer to Chapter 2, Article III - Ethics in the City of Windcrest Code of Ordinances.
For additional information on the Ethics Commission, refer to the Ethics Commission webpage.