Credit Card Frauds
Credit card frauds continue to increase. The most common consumer oriented frauds are:
- Imprinting a larger amount than the actual purchase.
- Imprinting two vouchers; one for the actual transaction, the other to be used later when a fraudulent amount is entered. A signature is forged and the voucher is submitted for payments.
- Using valid credit card numbers obtained from the carbon paper inserts of the voucher for mail or phone orders.
|How to avoid:
- Compare the imprinted and hand written amounts before signing.
- Retain all vouchers and reconcile your account monthly.
- Retain and destroy all carbon paper inserts.
- Report lost cards immediately