Finance Mission Statement
The Finance Department's primary organizational purpose is to provide all the necessary financial, accounting, technical, benefits, payroll, business and risk management services to City departments and the general public. These are provided to departments so that municipal services, which address the quality of life for residents and a strong foundation for our business community, are delivered without delay.
The mission of the Finance Department includes ten elements:
- Address the risk management needs of the City
- Assist all businesses in the City
- Assist the City Council, City Manager and departmental staff with budget preparation and financial matters;
- Attract and retain a qualified, diverse and safe work force while encouraging positive and harmonious working relationships
- Collect all revenue and pay for all goods and services in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate records of all financial transactions
- Provide citizens, vendors, City Manager, City Council, and all departments with excellent customer service
- Provide City departments with exceptional, efficient, and responsive personnel services consistent with modern organizational principles
- Provide regularly scheduled financial statements and analysis in a timely manner
- Technically support in-house staff and implement all of the technology needs of the City
Our mission is carried out by a competent, reliable and honest staff which is dedicated to standards of service, conduct and professionalism which are not only crucial in the finance and accounting industries, but are expected of public employees in a community such as the City of Windcrest, where local government is vital to maintaining a quality of life superior to that of most communities.
The City of Windcrest Finance Department is committed to serving our community with financial expertise by promoting accountability, professionalism and transparency. For 2015, the City has been recognized as a Platinum member of the Texas Comptroller of Public Account’s Leadership Circle! A Platinum designation is the highest achievable level, and recognizes entities that go above and beyond in providing information related to financial transparency. Our goal is to be transparent with the citizens and community. To do so the City has begun following state recommended guidelines and will be awarded “Transparency Stars” for each section posted correctly.
The following information on the City’s financials is available to allow taxpayers to understand public services and spending decisions. Below you’ll find information showing the City’s financial well being through easy to understand summaries and charts as well as official documents related to the tax rates, annual budgets, audited financial reports, detailed lists of vendor payments, and other information. If you would like more detailed or specific information please fill out an open records request or contact the related department directly.
- City Council Contact Information
- Fee Schedule
- Financial Summary and Charts
- Open Record Request
- Mayor Contact Information
- Tax Rate