Public Records Request
The Public Information Act
Texas Government Code, Chapter 552, gives you the right to access government records; and an officer for public information and the officer’s agent may not ask why you want them. All government information is presumed to be available to the public. Certain exceptions may apply to the disclosure of the information. Governmental bodies shall promptly release requested information that is not confidential by law, either constitutional, statutory, or by judicial decision, or information for which an exception to disclosure has not been sought.
COVID-19 Message Update
In an effort to protect our staff, the City of Windcrest City Hall is close on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. City Hall is open for regular business on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Due to the closures of City Hall, the calculation of business days during coronavirus pandemic will following the listed guidelines below.
- Holidays observed by the governmental body are not business days.
- Weekends are not business days.
- Skeleton crew days are not business days.
- A day on which a governmental body’s administrative offices are closed is not a business day.
- If a governmental body has closed its physical offices for purposes of a public health or epidemic response or if a governmental body is unable to access its records on a calendar day, then such day is not a business day, even if staff continues to work remotely or staff is present but involved directly in the public health or epidemic response."
Please feel free to reference the Texas A.G. Calculation of Business Days Notice.
Submitting a Request
Submit a request through our online portal to submit an internet based open records request, If you would like to submit an open records request in person, download and print out the Request for Public Information Form..
If you would like to request a copy of an Accident Report you may obtain the report directly from the State of Texas Department of Transportation website.
Please refer to the Attorney General of Texas website for Public Information Act guidelines.